Friday, July 26, 2013

How long do you stay with the partner that you love?

My grandparents were married for 64 years. I know I will never see 64 years of marriage. Can you really find that one person that you love and want to spent the rest of your life with?  Dating is just not how it used to be, nor is life!

When my grandpa was alive I swear I heard the same story over and over. How he met my grandma! They grew up together, lived on the same street and went to the same church. They were married and never looked back or at another person sexually, EVER! Well that is until my grandpa was in a rest home and was hitting on the 22 year old nurses.

I think back to who I grew up with, there is not one person that I even stay in touch with. I see people I went to school with and they are in the set standard of a divorce or two. Being a single mom or paying half of what they make in child support. I have some friends that are married, working two jobs just to support the kids they already have and their wife wants more.

I have to think to myself, at what time do they divorce? Do they divorce? If I was a man I would be afraid of how much I am going to have to pay for child support. Do men stay together with their wife for fear of how much they are going to have to pay?

Utah has one of the highest divorce rates in the country. Getting married right out of highschool takes it toll on a relationship, at least in this day and age. I know I would want a divorce with who I dated in high school.

What type of society are we progressing into? One that dates a silicone body part, pushes men through a revolving door in front of our kids and parties like they were 21. Or the one that gets on match.com and has sex with any woman he can to validate he still "has it". I say most likely has an STD after a match.com marathon. Rosie palm and her five sister still has a fighting chance when it comes to what is out there.

I know so much of what I don't want but what do I want?



2 comments:

  1. Don't date from a dating website. Also, did you just use the Rosey Palms dating advice? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, yes I did. Dating from a website is like window shopping at the DI. They used to be good and now they are all worn out from getting used by everyone else. I don't know maybe I should not knock it till I try it. However the stories I have heard make me want to stay single forever.

      Delete