Thursday, August 1, 2013

Everything a man does RIGHT ?!?!?!?

I have missed having a man around.  However education should be priceless, at least I heard that one time.  I have learned to put closet organizers together, build bookcases and lift things that I swear weight more than I do.  This is not my idea of fun and after 2 weeks of cleaning and organizing in my crooked bookcase, I decided men do a few things right!

Walking through IKEA today I saw this couple, this woman was whining to her husband or boyfriend about carrying around a pot.

"REALLY?"

"O god I was like that!" I thought.

Anyone who has not been to IKEA, you should go!! You walk around for at least an hour and maybe 2 miles.  Then you have to lift all you stuff into a cart, drag it to your car, then home, in the house and build it. 3 times in one week, I am worn out, spent and irritated.  Not to mention I did this all alone and scratched my car with my new paint job.

I don't know what good a date would do for any of this stuff!!

"Want to hang out?" Says potential male date

"Sure!! Want to come over to my house and put a few screws in?"  I say

"Well alright I guess you know what you want then, I will see you at 6:00?" Says the now eager male date.

DING DONG

"I brought you flowers!" Says the man with a smirk on his face

"Well aren't you sweet!!  Ready?" I say

By now this man is either quite confused or used to getting it on the first night.

"Ok, here is my mess of storage from IKEA!! can you help me screw it together?  Frankly I am about sick of putting things together.  Thanks so much for being such a sweet man!"  I say

O I am sure the look is priceless.  Can you throw them out after it is put together or do you still have to play nice and chit chat?  You never know how much help a spouse is until they are gone.

Being a housewife to yourself, mother and a father really sucks! This is not even comparable to being a single parent.  At least you have a free weekend or two.  Not that this has anything to do with dating however, Men, you do do allot of things right!

No comments:

Post a Comment